Eat, Drink, and Be Mary!

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Food, Glorious Food!

I finished my cleanse yesterday and today I had my first food in 10 days! An olive. It was the best tasting olive I've ever had. Obviously I can't immediately chow down on a big meal. My stomach and system have gotten used to liquids only. Want to know the results? I lost 10 pounds. I haven't looked or felt this good since high school. And now that I have proved to myself that it can be done I feel like the work is worth it. Today I get to snack on things all day to introduce food back to my stomach. I bought trail mix, cheese & crackers, and of course, olives. Sounds weird for someone with a sweet tooth like me, but cutting sugar out of your diet like that helped me break the addition. I am so proud of myself. It was very hard to resist when I was at my catering jobs with access to delicious food for free, but I stayed strong. Yeah, for me!

2 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger bck said...

you rock! congrats mary! i miss you guys.. lets hang out. i havent seen you forever. hows the house hunt going?

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Good job sticking to it! That must have been really hard.

I guess now that you have completed your first fad diet, you are now officially an L.A. girl and not a S.C. girl so much.... ha ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home